• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 YosefTorah

YosefTorah

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:03 PM

Rabbi Shapiro,

First of all, this site has been a very valuable asset to me and has taught me a lot. So thank you. I just had one question. In my school they teach things like evolution and the big bang. What should be my outlook on these things be taught? Also they have rabbonim come in and give us whole shiurim on how evolution and the big bang is compatible with the torah. How should I view this as well? Thank you. 

#2 taon

taon

• Moderators
  • 421 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:48 PM

see here for a start. Short answer: it's all excuses and apologetics

#3 Morgenstern

Morgenstern

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:47 PM

Very sad to hear that there are frum rabbis espousing heresy.

#4 Rabbi Shapiro

Rabbi Shapiro

• Administrators
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:11 AM

Rabbi Shapiro,

First of all, this site has been a very valuable asset to me and has taught me a lot. So thank you. I just had one question. In my school they teach things like evolution and the big bang. What should be my outlook on these things be taught? Also they have rabbonim come in and give us whole shiurim on how evolution and the big bang is compatible with the torah. How should I view this as well? Thank you. 

What they are teaching you is Apikorsus. You should look at it the same way as if they would come in and tell you that Hashem has a nose. You must absolutely find another school. No question. If that will not happen, you should understand that what they are teaching you in that school is not coming from the Torah, and is prohibited to learn.

If you need help finding a school, please contact me via email. But please get out of there!

#5 JewishAttorney

JewishAttorney

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:53 AM

Evolution aside, what's wrong with the Big Bang being a representation of Hashem creating the universe?

#6 taon

taon

• Moderators
  • 421 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:21 PM

Because it is meant to be as part of an apikorsus package.

#7 JewishAttorney

JewishAttorney

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 05:02 PM

Are you saying it's not possible for scientists to present a theory and categorize how the Universe physically came into existence once Hashem said "let there be light" etc?

#8 taon

taon

• Moderators
  • 421 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:34 AM

They can. Just, the reason for doing so is suspect.