4 replies to this topic

#1 FS613

FS613

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:23 AM

L'Chvod Rabbi Shapiro, Shlita:

1) What should be the proper response to someone who talks

about how many wonderful innovations the scientists in the state of "Israel" have invented in medicine, technology, and science,

and about how wonderful it is that so many Jews are Nobel-Prize winners,

and that anti-Zionists who use these inventions are hypocrites?

(I ask, because truly-Torah-observant Jews know that the only things that count for Jews are Torah, Mitzvos, Yiras Shamayim, and good Midos.)

2) Why is Hashem allowing these innovations to be invented by Israeli scientists, vs. scientists in other countries?

Is this a Maaseh Satan, to test the Jews to see if C"V they'll say

how wonderful it is that Israeli scientists invented these things, and that anti-Zionists are hypocrites if they use these things?

(For example, when Zionists say:

"Do you use a cell phone and PC? For intestinal problems, do you swallow and use the 'video capsule', which passes through your body to monitor the intestines?

Did you know that the Intel Core i7 Processor was developed by the Israeli division of Intel?

You'd better not use them if you're anti-Zionist, because these things were invented in Israel. So if anti-Zionists use them, they're hypocrites.")

Thank you.

#2 taon

taon

• Moderators
  • 421 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:07 PM

Ask them if they believe Christianity is wrong.

Actually, it's different, because we aren't against people living in Israel.

#3 FS613

FS613

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:50 PM

Taon, please tell me if I understand your answer correctly.

1) We don't believe in Christianity, but we can still use items invented by Christians.

2) There's nothing wrong with using inventions of Jews living in Eretz Yisroel,

as there's nothing wrong with Jews living in Eretz Yisroel, as long as it's not the entire Jewish nation.

It's the establishment of a Jewish government that we're against.

If there would be a non-Jewish government in Eretz Yisroel,

the same Jews who are living there now could still have made the same inventions.

#4 boruchsiper

boruchsiper

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:14 PM

I heard Rabbi A. Miller say on a tape that Avrohom Ovimnu has a lot of nachas from bnei Yishmoel. Why? Because they are his descendants and they aren't  ovdei ovoda zorah, they daven and they are hospitable to guests (amongst other things). However, the above mentioned good deeds don't justify their barbaric behavior.

Some people can't see past the fact that Lubavichers have many questionable (to put it lightly) views. Others only focus on their kiruv work and kosher food they make available around the globe and so on.

The key here is to understand that it's not black OR white. Rather it's black AND white.

This is also true on an individual level. One person can do mitzvos and avairos. He will get rewarded and punished accordingly.

Will the Zionists get reward for creating an environment that enabled people to invent things that benefit the world? Maybe. Will that nullify their aveiros? Of course not. 

#5 taon

taon

• Moderators
  • 421 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:05 PM

That's what i meant, i just wasnt sure how to put it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: inventions, israel, technology