at the end of the day..

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rocksdontfly

rocksdontfly

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:41 PM

I feel like as hard as I try, I'm still going to end up in Gihenom. Whats the point in trying so hard when I'm human and I constantly fail? tg I do achieve some of my goals. But its so hard and I feel like I'm always slipping. I know Hashem expects more of me but I dont know how to rise to the challenge. And even if I achieve most of my goals, theres so much bad I do from just being a human being that I'm for sure going to end up in hell. I want to live a meaningful, productive, torah life. But at the end of the day, the bad probably out weighs the good ... What does Hashem want me to do?

#2 Rabbi Shapiro

Rabbi Shapiro

• Administrators
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:05 PM

I feel like as hard as I try, I'm still going to end up in Gihenom. Whats the point in trying so hard when I'm human and I constantly fail? tg I do achieve some of my goals. But its so hard and I feel like I'm always slipping. I know Hashem expects more of me but I dont know how to rise to the challenge. And even if I achieve most of my goals, theres so much bad I do from just being a human being that I'm for sure going to end up in hell. I want to live a meaningful, productive, torah life. But at the end of the day, the bad probably out weighs the good ... What does Hashem want me to do?

The Shem MiShmuel (Shavuos) writes that the reward of doing one Mitzvah is so great that it's worth being on this world and doing one Mitzvah, even if you did a lifetime of Aveiros!

Hashem just wants you not to give up. L'havdil, it's like a salesman. He knocks on 20 doors, the first 19 get slammed in his face. He's likely to get discouraged, but as all good salesmen know, if after 19 times they slammed the door in your face, the 20th time you made a sale, it was a good day's work.

Same thing here. שבע יפול צדיק וקם. The Yetzer Horah slams the door in your face 7 times in a row - dont get discouraged. That one last time when you win makes it all worth it.

Read this post too.

#3 danceInTheRain

danceInTheRain

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:34 AM

. שבע יפול צדיק וקם.

i once heard something amazing about this chazal(thats what i think it is).
it does not say: שבע יפול וקם צדיק- that would meen seven times he will fall and will rise a tzaddik. rather it says- שבע יפול צדיק וקם - a tzaddik will fall seven times and get up!!!!
this is amazing!!!! he is not a tzaddik only once he gets up. rather while he is in the pit bathing in the mud he is a tzaddik- because thats the only way!!! and because he wants to "וקם"- get up.

#4 rocksdontfly

rocksdontfly

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:33 PM

But what about the times he does fall? What about the times he didnt make the sale? Is he punished for that?

#5 ilavHashem

ilavHashem

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:01 AM

how can u give up on yourself when Hashem would never give up on u???
"yisroel af al pi shechata, yisroel hu"

"banim atem laHashem Elokeichem"

no matter what, you are always His child and He loves you! He's literally waiting for you to open the door a teeeny crack for Him,

we don't understand Hashme's chesbonos, we don't know which mitzvah will do it for us, change our fate! don't be so convinced your stuck!

if we wouldn't be human it wouldn't be a challenge
"adan le'amal yulad" - we are born to toil and work here on earth, so that we can reap the benefits of the next world,
saying ur human, so you fail, is no excuse! part of being a human, is that we have a characteristic that nothing else in existance has! we have bechira, -free choice! we can choose to come out on top of every hardship, to use nisyonos as stepping stones, to grow! (malachim, animals....no1 else has tht!) ya, its hard, no1 sed it'll be like eating an ice cream sundae, but it's definetely worth it!

its never to late! till the moment a neshama leaves this world a person can still do teshuva! so as long long as your alive, who gave you the right to give up???

much hatzlacha!!

#6 Rabbi Shapiro

Rabbi Shapiro

• Administrators
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:07 AM

But what about the times he does fall? What about the times he didnt make the sale? Is he punished for that?

Of course ... but.

But after you make that sale, the time, effort and expenses that you lost getting the door slammed in your face is worth it. The Shem MiShmuel says it's worth being on this world to do even one Mitzvah, even if you also did a whole lifetime of Aveiros. The reward for that one Mitzvah is worth going through the punishment of the Aveiros he says.

And then of course there's teshuva, which changes all that. A person doesnt get punished for what he did Teshuva for. Hashem gave us Teshuva because of Sheva yipol Tzadik. He knew it works this way and so He gave us the gift of Teshuva. (This is one reason given that Goyim do mot have Teshuva. Since they only have 7 Mitzvos, which are not all that complicated, they do not need Teshuva. We who have 613 plus all the Halachos, do.)