Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:18 PM
Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:50 PM
So I am in an akward situation I am the oldest child in a modern orthodox family, I however went to yeshivsh schools. Shidduchim are now being suggested to me and my parents are kind of in a "what questions do we ask them" mode when it comes to asking about guys and I don't really know how to handle it because I don't realy have any friends I want to bring this up to...
- [Please give me a general idea of what kind of boy he is]
- What does he look like?
- What Yeshivos did he learn in?
- If he went to camp, which ones?
- Does he have any rebbeim that he's close with? Who?
- Is he considerate of other people? What are his strongest/weakest Midos?
- Does he know how to learn?
- What (kind of) Yeshivos would he send his kids to?
- Who are his friends?
- [About his level of frumkeit:] Would he go to the movies / watch TV? / etc. [Whatever standards you are looking for]
- "Is there anything you think I would want to know about him that I am not asking?