Photo

The Final Geulah: Before, During, and After Moshiach Arrives

5 replies to this topic

#1 Rabbi Shapiro

Rabbi Shapiro

• Administrators
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

Short notes from my Shabbos HaGadol Drasha this year. Mostly Mekoros. Chidushim are in Rashi print.

#2 shaya

shaya

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:33 PM

thanks a lot for the mega amazing drosho, it was really a blessing to have the zechiye to have been by the drosho.
there are so many things that i have in mind to question about it, il start with one that i thought last night:

if this is going to be the final geulah, and that why its going to be hashem, whats the guarantee (כביכול) that the people will not mess up again, im going according the shitas you discussed yesterday that the ppl will have bechirah like adam had bechirah in one of the early stages of the geulah, well adam messed up why wouldnt it be done again?

hopefully this thread can become a thread about the drosho, people always are very curious about these stuff.
Start with God - the first step in learning is bowing down to God; only fools thumb their noses at such wisdom and learning.

#3 Rabbi Shapiro

Rabbi Shapiro

• Administrators
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:59 PM

Rav Saadiah Gaon asks your question in Emunos V'Deos. He says that Hashem will only allow those who He knows will not mess up to be around לעתיד לבא.

Unfortunately, I did not have enough time to go through nearly all the material I would have liked to. I'm thinking, maybe next year when they change the cock again we can have a Motzoi Shabbos Shiur series on this topic.

#4 shaya

shaya

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:08 AM

does that mean that the part of bechirah of messing up will be taken away then?
Start with God - the first step in learning is bowing down to God; only fools thumb their noses at such wisdom and learning.

#5 Rabbi Shapiro

Rabbi Shapiro

• Administrators
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:23 PM

No. It means those who Hashem knows will use their Bechirah to mess up will not be there.

#6 shaya

shaya

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:57 AM

i guess i can understand that, its like for example if i would assemble a team for whatever, and il pic only those who im 100% sure will follow my lead, doesnt mean that their bechirah not to follow is being taken away.....

Reply to this topic