what do u think?
Why Sem Isnt 4 Everyone
Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:53 PM
1) Some people can't take a year off and delay going to school for their careers, whether financially or emotionally
2) Some people just don't do well with authority figures controlling their lives by telling them what to wear, where to go, etc, and will sometimes wind up MORE bitter because of this.
3) Some people KNOW deep down that while they might not be there to PAR-TAY!!!, they will probably not achieve long-lasting spiritual growth
4) Some people feel that real growth occurs by living "real life", which means dealing with their schools-for-career, jobs, or just generally interacting with other people who aren't carbon copies of themselves (other frum girls their exact age with very similar ways of thinking)
5) Some people need to cool off from bad experiences and might just want a "year of silence" to clear their head
That's just off the top of my head, but I'm sure there's more.
Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:54 PM
i definitely relate to what Soulrebel said about authority figures
some people (like me) do best with more personal space. which can be hard to achieve when youre living with a bunch of other girls
personally, if i were to go to a seminary far away from home, i would be very likely to get mixed in with dangerous stuff, i.e. drugs, relationships.
especially in the first few weeks. because i would be homesick and vulnerable. people say that this is a very big risk, for guys and girls, when going to Israel, for yeshiva or seminary